Quiet hour at miniBOUNCE!
Every Monday Between 3-4pm
We aim to provide a fun experience to everyone who walks through our doors, but we understand that some of our mini adventurers can find their visit somewhat overwhelming. Our low-sensory hour offers a pleasant visit to those who may experience sensory overload when visiting us.
During this hour, we have minimal lighting throughout the centre, turn off all music, radio and television screens, minimise PA announcements (with the exception of emergencies) and have our awesome hosts throughout the centre ready to help.
We know that many of our friends, including those with Autism Spectrum Disorder, enjoy the activities we have to offer, so this Quiet Hour aims to provide them with the optimal environment for doing so. We will reduce all distractions and noise as much as possible during this hour so that everyone can enjoy their time with us!
- Quiet Hour will be set up ten minutes before your start session – this means that everything will be turned off at this time. If you do happen to arrive before this time, please be aware that the park will still be functioning as usual – although, you are still welcome to enter if you wish.
- Parents are welcome to supervise for free. Carers who present a Companion Card can participate free of charge (this is valid anytime at miniBOUNCE, not just during Quiet Hour!) however, anyone using the equipment must wear grip socks.
- $12.00 when booked online (or $13.50 when purchased at miniBOUNCE) for the hour session, when booked Monday – Friday (during the school term). Note: Carers with a companion card do not need to pay to participate.
- We understand that this time-slot doesn’t suit everybody. Over weekends and peak times, we often host large groups or classes which are held in the centre and this generally means there’s lots of noise and lots of people, which is not ideal for quiet hour. We’ve selected this time so we can control the number of people/noise within the centre and create a positive experience for everyone visiting us.
- Anyone jumping at miniBOUNCE is required to wear our grip-socks designed to help maximise grip, safety and general hygiene.We know that our grip socks can feel a little funny on your feet, so miniBOUNCERs are welcome to wear another pair of socks under the grip socks for comfort.
- Not if you don’t want to. During Quiet Hour, we don’t mind if you choose not to wear your sticker, as we know that it can be a little annoying.
- Safety is our number one focus at miniBOUNCE! All activity areas are monitored by trained hosts who are there to ensure the kids have a fun and safe experience. We have a few venue rules that our friendly hosts will explain to you on the day. Unfortunately we don’t allow our guests to bring in their own food as part of our safety policy. Our venue has a Cafe that has a wide range of food and drink options available. Our café staff will be more than happy to chat through any dietary requests you may have.
- During Quiet Hour, we will not include our regular PA announcements about commencement/conclusion times. The PA will only be used in the case of an emergency where evacuation is required. Our hosts will have radios for emergencies but will minimise the use of these otherwise.